can you tell me how to tell parents about adhd?

Dr. Carlos Jesurun
Neonatology 48 years experience
What do you mean?: Adhd is probably overdiagnosed in america. It often gives parents a negative connataion as well. Some kids need more structure and direction and a lot of attention by the parents. Not all kids need medication. Behavioral therapy is very helpful. Patience is crucial-i know-i have the condition as well as my child.
Dr. Peter Williams
ADHD and Autism 41 years experience
Just go for it!: You just have to go for it on some levels. Your parents may be open to the idea or may not, but that is who they are. If it is accurate that you are ADHD, then testing will show and treatment will give GREAT relief. Note that ADHD in NOT over diagnosed in the USA, it is under diagnosed according to the literature and adults and women with ADHD are hugely under-diagnosed.