What to do to fake sanity if my mother already thinks i'm crazy?

Are you 39?: If you are a minor - cohabitation with your parents is likely part of the deal. If you are an adult than that type of close contact isn't necessary. I am not sure how healthy it is to "fake" a particular mental state. If you do have major mental problems ; don't conform your behavior to societal norms - would attempt to at least comply with social mores.
Dr. Barbara Lavi
Clinical Psychology 35 years experience
If you think you : Need to "fake" sanity, it sounds like you do not feel "normal." if you are an adult, reach out and get therapy to work on the issues that are making you feel mentally ill. If you are a minor and your mother is also concerned about your mental health, get her to help you find a good therapist. Psychotherapy and medication can help.

Last updated Mar 26, 2014