United Kingdom

I've just gotten over the flu, the past 3 days all i've been blowing out my nose is blood/mucus. and pressure at the top of my nose, help? :(

Dr. Nestor Del rosario
Addiction Medicine 35 years experience
Sinusitis?: Make sure you get evaluated and not have sinusitis which requires more treatment than symptomatic. The blood vessels in the nose and nasopharynx are way to the surface and the thicker mucous draws out the moisture from these vessels and dry up causing popping and bleeding. Use nasal saline spray and treat the symptoms but make sure there is no infection by seeing your md.

Last updated Jul 2, 2015