Melbourne, FL

My doctor says i have sinus infection, started antibiotic, mucinex (guaifenesin) d and delsym. it's been 2 days and i'm no better, can't sleep, coughing so much!

Dr. Nestor Del rosario
Addiction Medicine 35 years experience
Post nasal drip: You could have had sinusitis and now dripping in the back of the throat when you lay down causing the throat irritation and cough. This is conjecture on my part as i can't see you. Go back to your doctor for evaluation and proper medicine if needed especially you have other conditions to worry about.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Franklyn Gergits
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 30 years experience
Sinus and cough: Hello. Sounds like a chest x-ray may be needed. Also your antibiotic could be resistant. See your doctor.
Last updated Mar 16, 2021