Herpes how do you control ? I have blisters on my mouth every three weeks and it is painful.

Dr. Greg Hinson
26 years experience in Family Medicine
Triggers?: I get these suckers too, ; they hurt! first you should to find your triggers--sun exposure, stress, fevers--and try to control for these. Definitely use a sun blocking lip balm when out. Next, a trick that I use is, when you first feel the onset of an outbreak, hold several ice cubes in a row directly on your lip. This often stops the outbreak. Finally, there are preventive meds available; ask dr.
Answered on Dec 12, 2013