Is a fever post op normal? I am 5 days post op bunionectomy, osteotomy, dislocation repair. I had a fever of 99.0, 99.4, 99.6 and now it's 100.1

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
27 years experience in Podiatry
As a podiatrist: I would not consider anything under 101 as a fever post op. Monitor your temperature. If you have any concern about anything after a surgery you need to call your doctor without hesitation. Your doctor will never be mad at you for asking them a question particularly after a surgery. It is when you don't and something goes wrong they may not be happy.
Answered on Dec 11, 2013
1
1
Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. Payam Rafat commented
21 years experience in Podiatry
Contact your surgeon and get their advice.
Dec 11, 2013