me and my husband had sex with oral from him and he had used mouthwash now i have bumps and burning and itching could it be an allergic reaction?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Howard Spector
39 years experience Orthodontics
Burning Symptoms: While unfamiliar with these symptoms, you may be correct that this is an allergic response to one of the ingredients in the mouthwash. However, some std's can be spread by oral sex, which should be of concern. My best advise is to be sure to visit your ob/gyne as soon as you can for a thorough examination to be sure that you are well and to get a definitive diagnosis and the proper treatment!
Answered on Sep 29, 2016
Dr. Scott Bobbitt
31 years experience Dentistry
Interesting. : I suppose it could happen--especially if you are allergic to the mouthwash used. It depends on when the symptoms developed. A true allergic reaction could happen almost instantly or develop over several hours. If they occurred a day or so later, it could be folliculitis ("razor burn") or an infectious process. Try benedryl for itching but see your pcp or OB if symptoms persist.
Answered on Jun 10, 2014