my mom is 51 has factor 5, varicose veins and anemia as well as hormonal imbalance. can she take gaba supplement? and what are the side effects?

Dr. Michael Thompson
19 years experience Hematology and Oncology
GABA supplement?: I don't know what "gaba supplement" is. And no one likely does -- that is it isn't regulated so it can be anything. I would not suggest putting things in your mouth that you don't know the composition of. If you look at my background you'll see i've published on the GABA receptor. Alcohol and anti-anxiety drugs effect it amonst other substances. Recseeing a physician to deal the problem list.
Answered on Feb 18, 2015