i don't eat green vegetables.so, with what dietary supplement should i replace them?

3 doctor answers
25 years experience Psychiatry
There really isn't a: Way to make up completely for loss of fresh vegetables in the diet. Spirulina is a blue-green algae that is very nutritious. It could be one supplement that could fill some of your need.
Answered on Sep 28, 2016
1
Dr. Pamela Pappas
42 years experience Psychiatry
I take a little dose of Hawaii every day, in the form of spirulina from there. But I eat my veggies too. :-)
Dec 7, 2013
Dr. Pamela Pappas
42 years experience Psychiatry
Can't replace them: Vitamin supplements will not completely "replace" green vegetables in your diet. Green vegetables contain a wealth of compounds beyond synthetic vitamins, such as phytochemicals and fiber. I heartily suggest that you reconsider your food plan -- your body will thank you for good decisions! if you want a multivitamin in the meantime, make sure it's a whole food one with plenty of greens in it.
Answered on Dec 8, 2013
Dr. Randy Baker
40 years experience Holistic Medicine
Healthy green powder: Green vegetables are the best source of magnesium and vit. K but contain hundreds of phytonutrients besides vitamins and minerals, so there is no great substitute but i recommend a green powder like orac energy greens or green vibrance. A scoop of those in some juice has powdered concentrates of green veggies, fruits and other phytonutrients. It's better to eat the veggies but that is next best.
Answered on Dec 8, 2013
1