hi, i started having chest pain about 11 hours ago. it is still hurting. my right arm became numb also. i am taking adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) xr once a day. 18y-female?

Dr. Allan Stewart
Thoracic Surgery 26 years experience
Chest pain: It's probably best to see your doctor asap. While it is extremely unlikely to be related to your heart, there are both benign and serious causes for chest pain in young people.
Dr. Budi Bahureksa
Cardiology 31 years experience
Ddx: Your age is on your side but still -- you need a complete evaluation of this chest pain. Aderall can cause smooth or skeletal muscle spasm and tension that can cause chest pain among others or you may even have prinzmetal angina that is coronary spasm if you are prone to it --.
Dr. Carla Enriquez
Other diagnosis: The pain is very unlikely to be from adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine). How long have you been taking it? Have you had stress? Are you using energy drinks? Do you have anxiety disorder? Unless you have sickle cell disease, heart disease or vasculitis, the likelihood of a cardiac problem is vanishingly low.