would my tooth hurt after a root canal?

Dr. Kara Rosenthal-Fraiman
Endodontics 31 years experience
Not Always: Each tooth is different. Some patient have slight soreness for the first few days after rct. But nothing that Motrin can't help.
Dr. Behram Dalal
Dentistry 31 years experience
It can: And that doesn't necessarily mean that something is wrong. Consult with the treating dr. Hope this helps.
Dr. Louis Gallia
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 45 years experience
Often: Often temporarily. The root canal should solve the problem. If pain persists, see the treating denttist.
Dr. Randolph Todd
Endodontics 44 years experience
Maybe: There are many variables that affect postoperative pain.It would be advisable to return to the practitioner that provided the treatment for the best answer. If the pain is decreasing since the treatment it may be just a function of time until it subsides completely. If it is escalating there may be a problem. Give your DDS a call I'm sure they with have your best interest at heart. Good luck -