dental experts! what is better root canal or tooth extraction?

Dr. Kara Rosenthal-Fraiman
Endodontics 31 years experience
Root Canal: If tooth can be saved and restored. It would be much wiser to keep your own teeth for as long as possible..Implants are good but nothing will be like your natural tooth.
Dr. Joel Doyon
Cosmetic Dentistry 36 years experience
Keep the tooth: All things considered equal, like the tooth can be restored after the root canal without any periodontal treatment, then it's always better to have the root canal and save the teeth. It allows continuing contact with the adjacent teeth to keep them from shifting, and it allows contact with the teeth in the opposite jaw and keeps them from drifting up or down which could change your bite.