Please tell me if i should extract my wisdom teeth?

Dr. Sandra Eleczko
Dentistry 38 years experience
Need exam to know : Wisdom teeth are extracted when there is not enough room for them to erupt and function normally. Your dentist will use x-rays to help make this determination. See a dentist to find out if you need yours extracted.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Harvey Shandler
48 years experience
See your DDS: The only way to know if you need your wisdom teeth removed is by seeing a dentist or oral surgeon who will exam you and take an x-ray to determine if wisdom teeth removal is necessary.
Dr. Don Millner
Dentistry - Cosmetic 45 years experience
Most should get ext.: Most should consider getting their wisdom teeth extracted. Even when the teeth come in perfectly straight, most people are unable to brush them, let alone floss them! in the absence perfect hygiene (daily flossing), most wisdom teeth are doomed to years of tooth decay and gum disease that can also effect the back wall of the adjacent 2nd molar.Get 3rds out when young and roots not fully formed.
Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
Dentistry 47 years experience
Normally yes: It is normally recommended that wisdom teeth be extracted because the teeth normally come in crooked, are hard to clean, often decay and develop bone and gum tissue issues, and usually are not used effectively for biting. If there are health issues (bleeding, etc.) then a consultation needs to be done to give you options.