Please tell me if i should extract my wisdom teeth?

12 doctors weighed in across 4 answers
Dr. Sandra Eleczko answered

Specializes in Dentistry

Need exam to know : Wisdom teeth are extracted when there is not enough room for them to erupt and function normally. Your dentist will use x-rays to help make this determination. See a dentist to find out if you need yours extracted.

Answered 12/14/2013

4.7k views

Dr. Harvey Shandler answered

Specializes in

See your DDS: The only way to know if you need your wisdom teeth removed is by seeing a dentist or oral surgeon who will exam you and take an x-ray to determine if wisdom teeth removal is necessary.

Answered 12/11/2016

4.3k views

Dr. Don Millner answered

Specializes in Dentistry - Cosmetic

Most should get ext.: Most should consider getting their wisdom teeth extracted. Even when the teeth come in perfectly straight, most people are unable to brush them, let alone floss them! in the absence perfect hygiene (daily flossing), most wisdom teeth are doomed to years of tooth decay and gum disease that can also effect the back wall of the adjacent 2nd molar.Get 3rds out when young and roots not fully formed.

Answered 6/20/2015

4.3k views

Dr. Jeffrey Bassman answered

Specializes in Dentistry

Normally yes: It is normally recommended that wisdom teeth be extracted because the teeth normally come in crooked, are hard to clean, often decay and develop bone and gum tissue issues, and usually are not used effectively for biting. If there are health issues (bleeding, etc.) then a consultation needs to be done to give you options.

Answered 4/6/2014

4.3k views