U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 37-year-old member asked:

Since stroke i tend to mix up words and not enunciate properly. any solutions?

2 doctor answers15 doctors weighed in
Dr. Bennett Werner
Cardiology 44 years experience
Speech therapy: You have my sincerest sympathy for your troubles. It must be frustrating. While we don't have a cure for this, many stroke victims improve a lot (and sometimes completely) with speech therapy. If you're getting speech therapy, don't give up. Improvement can take as long as 1 to 2 years! hang in there and keep trying, even if you're frustrated.
Dr. Benjamin Lessig
Geriatrics 25 years experience
Speech therapy: Speech therapist can help to improve speech and language. It can be found at the outpatient rehabiliatation clinic.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Dec 13, 2013
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.