i might have a gum addiction. how do i get over this?

Dr. Jane Steiner
42 years experience Psychiatry
Gum addiction?: I don't think that chewing gum is addictive. Do you spend time thinking about how you will get gum and more gum? When you don't have gum do you crave gum? Does chewing gum cause you difficulty in your ability to function at work or in your social life.?Do you tell yourself you should stop chewing gum but find you just can't? Do others tell you they think you have a problem with gum? Let me know!
Answered on Oct 4, 2016
2
2 comments
Dr. Jane Steiner
42 years experience Psychiatry
Provided original answer
Great distinction !
Dec 7, 2013
Dr. Robert Grieco
I agree, something has to actually be a problem to be a problem. There is a difference between a habit and an addiction.
Dec 7, 2013