Bossier City, LA

i live in bossier city louisiana and i have city water. i got water up my nose after taking a bath. should i be scared of the brain eating ameoba?

Dr. Sandra Pinkham
Holistic Medicine 53 years experience
No: Chlorinated city water should kill that amoeba and the cases are very rare.
Naegleria fowleri: In June 2017 Naegleria fowleri Ameba was confirmed in North Monroe & Schriever Water Systems in Louisiana. The CDC recommends the following precautions by residents until the water no longer tests positive for N. fowleri. SEE: http://www.dhh.louisiana.gov/index.cfm/newsroom/detail/4284