Carmel By the Sea, CA

Microscopic evidence of blood in urine, passed a kidney stone 3 weeks, am a nonsmoker. what could it mean? what tests would be done?

Dr. Jack Rubin
Nephrology and Dialysis 49 years experience
Causes of hematuria: Hematuria can be caused by any bleeding in the urinary tract. It could be caused by a tumor of the kidney, kidney stones in the ureters or by a bladder tumor, among other things. Have your urine cultured and if you have hematuria with no uti, see a urologist for evaluation . If you do have a uti, have your urine analyzed after the infection to make sure it resolves. If not, see a urologist.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.