U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 18-year-old male asked:

Stopped the yellow actifed and now taking clarinase and avamys for allergic rhinitis. what can i do to recover faster?take lemon water, chamomile, etc?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Joel Gallant
Infectious Disease 36 years experience
Treat the symptoms: You don't 'recover' from allergic rhinitis; you just treat the symptoms through the allergy season. A typical combination of drugs is an antihistamine combined with an inhaled nasal steroid spray. In the U.S., antihistamines (e.g. Zyrtec, claritin, allegra) can be purchased over-the-counter, but steroid sprays (e.g. Flonase) require a prescription.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Dec 1, 2013


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.