AU

when i eat vegetables i tend to get bloated, and then a sore stomach after i go to the toilet. plus my faeces are quite sticky. iis this normal?

Dr. Richard Rafoth
Gastroenterology 51 years experience
Yes, if you have IBS: If you have irritable bowel it is not unusual for some vegetables to give you gas (the bloating) and stimulate the colon (the stomach cramps after a bm). And the fiber will make the stools "sticky". This is a complex diagnosis and I am sure you will have many questions. You should see a gastroenterologist to eliminate other possibilities.