A male asked:

my 4 month old baby gas silent reflux and seems to always have phlem in his throat it's not in his lungs or chest as the dr told me why is this?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Specializes in Pediatrics
Reflux: Reflux is stomach contents climbing back up the esophagus....It can seem like choking; can be burning, can be vomiting or excessive spitting up. It is in the digestive tract..Not the lungs. It can stimulate some phlegm production or the regurgitation can seem like phlegm in the back of the throat. Have the child propped up 45 degrees for 30 minutes after feeds to reduce the symptoms.
Answered on Nov 29, 2013
1
Dr. Oscar Novick
58 years experience Pediatrics
Reflux: If your child has reflux it may be stomach content in his throat rather than phlem.
Answered on Nov 28, 2013
1