could quitting smoking affect you mentally?

Dr. Michael P Vaughn
Allergy and Immunology 34 years experience
Smoking addiction: Nicotine is addicting, withdrawal can cause anxiety or possibly trigger depression.

How can I stop smoking weed?

Dr. Albert Pizzo
Smoking weed: If you just can't stop then you are addicted to this substance. Talk to your doctor about a rehab program as soon as possible.

What is the first step to take to stop smoking?

Dr. Jeff Blixt
Addiction Medicine 24 years experience
You already have!: Sounds like you have made the decision you want to quit, this is the first step. Things that can help solidify your decision is making a list of the pros and cons of this habit, how it affects your health, how it controls your daily life, etc. Next i would recommend talking to your doctor, medications can help with cravings, as can nicotine replacement therapies. Focus on exercise and healthydiet.

Is the patch or pills better for quitting smoking?

Dr. Paige Gutheil
Person dependent: I love helping people stop smoking! there is no single effective plan for everyone though. First we need to talk about your habits, what you've tried before, mood/ behavior tendencies, how much nicotine you use, etc. Etc. Most of the time a combination of techniques is best!
Indonesia

What can be done to stop smoking?

Dr. David Miller
Dr. David Milleranswered
With support: Quitting smoking is undoubtedly difficult. However, for those willing to take this important step, there are lots of different types of supports available to you. There are support groups, nicotine-replacement products (gum, patches, lozenges, etc) and prescription medications (chantix and wellbutrin). Talk with your doctor today about setting a quit date and kick the habit.
Gautier, MS

What can I do to stop smoking I will stop then I will crave if again and I don't why I smoke what can I do.?

Dr. Michio Abe
Stop smoking: Nicotine addiction is a tough problem. First be aware of health consequences of yourself and everyone around you. Set a quit smoking date, start cutting back gradually, tell everyone you are quitting smoking on that date, and tell them why it’s important to quit smoking. Get everyone’s support. Consider joining a support group and talking to a doctor about medications to help you stop if necessary.

Last updated Jun 22, 2019