What is the average weight and height for a 10 year old.Please tell me i really need this!

Dr. Brian Struyk
20 years experience in Anesthesiology
Growth charts: You can google pediatric growth charts for boys or girls and use the curves to determine where your children fit on the curves for height and weight. Average is the 50th percentile.
Answered on Feb 24, 2018
2
2 comments
Dr. Susan Rhoads
37 years experience in Family Medicine
Dr. Struyk, again, is spot on. However, the most important thing in growth of a child, is not the percentile, but whether or not that percentile changes over time. Growth charts need to be done over months and years. When there is a change in that growth pattern (say from 70% of usual, to 50% or less), then that is a concern and is something your child's doctor will address & explain (I hope).
Jun 10, 2017
Dr. Susan Rhoads
37 years experience in Family Medicine
To clarify: I mean the percentile on one visit, or day, is not as important, as whether or not the percentile itself changes significantly from before.
Jun 10, 2017