A member asked:

I am 28, male, the exposed area of my skin got severely darkened.. face, neck n hands n feet. is there anyway i can reverse the effects?

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Glynis Ablon answered

Specializes in Dermatology

There are topical lightening agents that can help, and definitely start wearing sunscreen immediately. If OTC hydroquinone isn't working enough after 4 months and sunscreen, see your dermatologist. Just make sure there aren't any other reasons for the darkening like oral medications.

Answered Jul 5, 2014



Still have questions?

Get the best care from a doctor who knows you.

Book a Video Appointment
Sponsor Content

Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor