U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 49-year-old member asked:

I have unnaturally short legs for my torso. any surgeries to shorten your torso and thus reducing your height?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. George Gantsoudes
Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery 18 years experience
No : You can lengthen your bones in your leg, but it is not a surgery that one should undertake unless prepared for the length of time, cost and risk of complications.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Apr 17, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.