Raymore, MO

Is it safe to take celexa (citalopram) and baclofen both 2gether for ongoing txs?any reason 2 fear a bad reaction?, or not 2 take em both?

Dr. Charles Davant
I wouldn't worry: 2 classes of drugs, often used together. That being said, because of the sedation with Baclofen if you're only taking one a day i'd take it at bedtime, unless you need it during the day. Citalopram (celexa) can be taken in the morning or at night if it doesn't effect your sleep. If you have MS or spasticity and need Baclofen several times a day take the Celexa (citalopram) when you have less in the way of pos.
Dr. Lourdes margarita Landron-garcia
Together: Baclofen concomitant use with celexa, (citalopram) patient have to be advise about respiratory depressant effects, avoid hazardous activities requiring mental alertness and motor coordination.Please , notify your physician if you experience excesive or prolonged CNS effects.
Dr. Bac Nguyen
No interaction: Although there is no known significant interaction for these two medications, it is always advised using combo meds with cautions. If you must take the medicinesm pay atttention to your body, as u get older u r more prone to side effects which u may not have when younger etc. When in doubt, consult your doc. Good luck.
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Bac Nguyen commented
Provided original answer
Dear Fairlady1:I am not taking in any wrong way at all. I am glad you are cautious about the medications you take into your body. Best of luck to you..
Mar 28, 2012
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Bac Nguyen commented
Provided original answer
Dear Fairlady1: Just to be sure of myself, I actually cross-checked the two medication using one of the best medication-interaction-check program and it says no interaction. Baclofen is a a muscle relaxant and may make some people tired from it, especially high doses. , caution is always advised, but small doses of the two should be fine, especially if taken separately..
Mar 28, 2012
Dr. Quang Nguyen
Specializes in Endocrinology
I agree with Dr. Bac Nguyen. No interaction between the two drugs.
Mar 28, 2012

Last updated Nov 2, 2020