What do you think about the bio identical hormone pellet therapy?

5 doctors weighed in across 3 answers

Bad idea: Most of these pellets are made in compounding pharmacies where there is no fda regulation of their safety or efficacy. There is no scientific evidence that this form of treatment is any safer or better than more conventional means of hormone replacement. If you need hormone replacement, you should see someone who uses fda approved medications and regimens.

Answered 11/10/2013

4.8k views

Dr. Scott Shapiro answered

Specializes in Integrative Medicine

GREAT. Changed lives: T enhances the quality of life for both men and women by decreasing the diseases of aging. Pellet therapy follows the basics of how the body works best. It combines a low dosage of key hormones with a delivery system (pellet implant) that functions similar to the human body.It releases hormones directly into the bloodstream, bypassing the GI tract and liver.This is the real secret to restoring.

Answered 3/25/2015

4.6k views

Dr. Liesa Harte answered

Specializes in Family Medicine

Hormone Pellets: I insert hormone pellets fairly often in my practice. They are much more convenient than daily creams or regular injections. I like to determine proper dosing and side effects with the other delivery methods first because once you put a pellet it, you can't necessarily take it out.

Answered 6/2/2014

4k views