Brooklyn, NY
A 51-year-old female asked about a member:

taking pill to regulate period have taken for 6 days now my period has begun do i continue taking pills or do i need a new pack?

Dr. Jane Van Dis
Depends: It sounds though like your doctor has recommended you take pills continuously. If you bleed while in the middle of a pack, just keep taking the pills. If you're at the last week, you can start a new pack, as the last week is usually placebo pills. Hope that helps!
Dr. Yash Khanna
WRONG TIME FOR PILLS: You started the pills at wrong time.Bc pills are supposed to be started at onset of periods and contined daily for 28 days of which 21 pills are hormones and last 21 are placebo.And if you do that you will get your periods every 28 days. So start the new pack after the onset of your periods and take daily for 28 days.