i have 4 siblings, two of them are allergic to fish/seafood like me. the other two and parents aren't allergic. what makes us allergic and not them?

Dr. John Chiu
Dr. John Chiu answered
56 years experience Allergy and Immunology
Gene ; environment: Apparently it is just the right (or bad) combinations of genes which interact with the environment to make 3 of you allergic and the other 2 not. I suspect that many of you do suffer from allergic diseases such as hay fever, asthma, and eczema. Given the above information, i would expect at least one of your parents suffers from allergic diseases. Let me know if my guess is right.
Answered on Oct 30, 2013
1