A member asked:

I did mammogram for breast before a year and there was fibrocystic changes in my left breast and was not milignant. till now i am feeling it is it ok?

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Heather Thieme answered

Specializes in

Mammogram in someone as young as you are does not as well as in older woman (greater than 40). If you are feeling a mass in the breast, i recommend finding someone who can perform a breast exam and ultrasound, who can then recommend whether a biopsy is needed.

Answered Oct 27, 2013



Still have questions?

Get the best care from a doctor who knows you.

Book a Video Appointment
Sponsor Content
Dr. Michael Gabor answered

Specializes in Diagnostic Radiology

completely understand the question. Do you feel a new lump? Then you need to see your doctor. Ultrasound would be the imaging study of first choice at your age.

Answered Jul 16, 2014



Related Questions

A member asked:

How do they do good mammograms if fibrocystic breasts?

3 doctors weighed in across 2 answers

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor