Saudi Arabia

I did mammogram for breast before a year and there was fibrocystic changes in my left breast and was not milignant. till now i am feeling it is it ok?

Dr. Heather Thieme
Surgical Oncology 19 years experience
Further examination: Mammogram in someone as young as you are does not as well as in older woman (greater than 40). If you are feeling a mass in the breast, i recommend finding someone who can perform a breast exam and ultrasound, who can then recommend whether a biopsy is needed.
Dr. Michael Gabor
Diagnostic Radiology 33 years experience
Not sure I : completely understand the question. Do you feel a new lump? Then you need to see your doctor. Ultrasound would be the imaging study of first choice at your age.

Last updated Jul 16, 2014