Salt Lake City, UT

Had tonsillitis tried to treat it on my own. most pus patches went away except one. tonsils still swollen and it's been like 3 weeks. why wont go away?

Dr. Lynne Weixel
Clinical Psychology 37 years experience
Severe infection: Tonsils can become severely infected and may fail to respond totally to even anti-biotic therapy - that's why so many people have to have them removed. I hope you did not self-prescribe the Amoxicillin - it's not a good idea to do that and could make your health problems into the future harder to treat. See a doctor to get that last bit taken care of.

Last updated Jun 24, 2014