Hattiesburg, MS

i have a huge spleen that flares up a lot. i want it removed. someone can look at me and literally see my spleen. i have no insurance. what to do?

Dr. Marie Trenga
Why is it large: There are a number of reasons that the spleen might be enlarged such as infections, blood disorders and liver disease. It is important to find out why your spleen is swelling and treat that problem. As an example, if the cause is sarcoidosis, removing the spleen would not cure the disease. Often once the medical condition is treated the spleen stops being overactive and goes back to normal size.