So if i'm ultra sensitive 2 ssri/snri & buspars (buspirone) se what r my options now for gad & insomnia other than benzodiazepines? i exercise so a med is requird

6 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Pamela Pappas answered

Specializes in Psychiatry

Skills, not pills: I'm sorry, but i don't follow the logic of "i exercise so a med is requird." you're also already on Clonazepam -- and oxycodone too. Cognitive behavioral therapy can be very helpful for both anxiety disorders ; insomnia, but you don't list it. Wouldn't it be liberating to develop your own enduring skills, rather than taking pills? If so, you could consider asking your doctor for a referral.

Answered 2/2/2015

4.8k views

You have options: Low dose Hydroxyzine for anxiety and insomnia is one option. Low dose Imipramine with blood levels being checked. Gabapentin for anxiety and insomnia for starters. Best wishes. Shawn, if you have already tried Hydroxyzine and gabapentin, i would recommend a trial on Gabapentin enacarbil. Therapeutic strategies for the patient with treatment ... www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8509358 read this art.

Answered 2/2/2015

4.8k views