Jordan
A 29-year-old female asked about a 52-year-old female:

tooth infection.on rodogyl. 10days.root canal done.still pain. lnode by jaw swollen.bone by ear near temple hurts.do i need see a doctor not dentist?

Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 40 years experience
See your dentist: You need to see the dentist who is treating you for your root canal therapy. Pain may be from an accessory canal, and further treatment may be necessary... Your physician cannot determine that. Call and feel better soon...
Dr. Susan Hollinsworth
Dentistry 43 years experience
Definitely go back to the dentist who did the root canal, especially if he/she is an endodontist,a specialist only doing rot canals. If it was general dentist who did the root canal, I would contact them first but ask for a referral to an endodontist if he/she does not recommend that.
Oct 22, 2013
Dr. Danni Sayman
Endodontics 18 years experience
dentist: If the node/swelling is in the same side where the root canal was done my advice is to go back to your dentist and see what's going on. Sometimes there may be a persistent infection even with the root canal done.
Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
Dentistry 45 years experience
See a dentist: I would see a dentist asap to take x-rays and evaluate your problem...

Last updated Mar 22, 2020