U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 40-year-old male asked about a 40-year-old male:

Hi dr., my husband suffers pain in his feet specially soles, toes, ankles. he has calf muscle cramps too. he is addicted to corex.has knee degeneration?

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Thomas Inwood
Podiatry 36 years experience
pain: The first thing to do is get him to a reputable doctor to help him get off the corex as it is probably the Codeine he is addicted to. At ht e same time get him to a podiatrist for the help he needs. Good luck.
Dr. David Hettinger
Podiatry 37 years experience
NEED FOR CUSHION!: Most shoes aren't always what is bad, usually it's the crummy insoles they come with! there are many possible reasons that you may have painful feet, but try cushioning arch supports like spenco polysorb cross-trainers(http://www.Spenco.Com/products/footcare/poly-sorb). If these don't help, see a podiatrist.... Also try an otc anti-inflammatory, like aleve (naproxen).
Last updated Jun 24, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.