i have a red rash which affect my face and chest area which scratches me a lot and cause the area to flake up . if i use elidel (pimecrolimus) it goes away?

Dr. Brock Andersen
16 years experience Dermatology
Red flaky face/chest: It sounds like you may have something called seborrheic dermatitis. Elidel (pimecrolimus) may be helpful, but alternate use of otc anti-dandruff shampoos a couple of times a week may be all you need. There are several types of skin problems that can cause what you describe, so your best bet is to see a dermatologist for an evaluation.
Answered on Jun 25, 2014
1