A 59-year-old male asked:
Lost all sense of smell and taste overnight last week. i only sense texture. history: had a head cold and used nostrilla. toxic exposure at wtc for 120 days.
2 doctor answers • 3 doctors weighed in
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 28 years experience
Anosmia: With sudden loss of the sense of smell, i would have you see an ENT quickly as there can be treatments which might help. A viral nerve infection can cause this, and there are medications which can sometimes help. Feel better!
4.8k viewsReviewed >2 years ago
Holistic Medicine 53 years experience
Toxic effect: Sudden loss of smell and taste is generally a combined deficiency of zinc and a toxic effect of free cadmium. The wtc would definitely be a source of exposure to cadmium. Cadmium is co-toxic with many other chemicals. Benzalkonium chloride is sometimes found in nostrilla products and can damage the nasal lining as well. Lower stress, eat very healthy organic food and it may heal in time.
4.8k viewsAnswered >2 years ago
Last updated Nov 1, 2020
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.