Los Angeles, CA

My throat or thyroid is causing me to be dizzy, burning middle chest, struggling to breath i only feel good when laying down. feel lighthead tired?

Dr. Terri Washington
Endocrinology 17 years experience
See docotor ASAP: The thyroid would not cause burning in the chest but if large enough could cut off circulation to brain and compress the airway. If you have not done so already see doctor for evaluation and ultrasound to see how large thyroid is. Swallow study and ct can be done to eval for compression of airway and esophagus and as about gerd given burning in middle of chest.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Hashmat Rajput
Breathing difficulty: You are alreading taking Prilosec ;coumadin but didn't give diagnosis! breathing difficulty, chest burning ; dizziness require immediate medical attention. Please go to er for cxr or ultra sound; lab tests and thorough examination. Thanks.
Last updated Aug 1, 2016