What should a patient of pph (age:46 , with INR target 2-3) do, with dosage of warfarin, if she has to undergo tooth removal treatment?

Dr. Scott Bobbitt
31 years experience in Dentistry
Consult all docs: Talk to your physician and dental surgeon. Warfarin only limits one of the pathways to form a clot--in most cases, simple 'first aid" pressure will stop bleeding after tooth removal. A warfarin "holiday" can triple the risk of a clotting event, and may not be indicated. The doc may consider to lower your inr and/or utilize a vacuum-formed socket compression appliance. Best to ask ?S first.
Answered on Dec 9, 2013
1