A 22-year-old female asked:
Disclaimer

what if a 15 year old girl swallowed a piece of lead from a mechanical pencil and gets stuck in her troat? well she have to get surgary?

1 doctor answer
Dr. Leonard Pizzolatto
40 years experience General Practice
Probably not. : If the piece of pencil lead was swallowed you have nothing to worry about. If you feel it is still in your throat or it went into your windpipe, then you need to see a physician.
Answered on Oct 5, 2013

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Free
Talk to a doctor
Unlimited visits
$10/month

Related questions:

A 24-year-old female asked:
Dr. Daniel Owens
16 years experience Family Medicine
How long?: Whether you should see an ENT depends on how long you have had symptoms. If it has been a short period of time you could have some sort of allergic r ... Read More
1
1 thank
A 29-year-old male asked:
Dr. Mark Diamond
45 years experience Pediatrics
Infection: Sounds like you picked up an infection from her or some other contact. Should see your doctor, altho probably a virus which should spontaneously heal. ... Read More
A 23-year-old female asked:
Dr. Glynis Ablon
28 years experience Dermatology
You need to see a: doctor who specializes in lasers (preferably one who is a fellow of the American Board of Laser Medicine and Surgery), to discuss treatment options. E ... Read More
A 25-year-old male asked:
Dr. Julio Pajaro
33 years experience Pediatrics
NOT Recommended.: 18 yo females are at a very delicate stage in their development. Surgery is not the best option. She should seek the advise of her primary md and b ... Read More

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Free
Talk to a doctor
Unlimited visits
$10/month