I have some tingling and numbness in my left arm and hand after drinking a lot of alcohol . what is this and what can i do?

Dr. Lynne Weixel
Clinical Psychology 38 years experience
Alcoholic neuropathy: If you drink too much you can feel pain / tingling in your limbs. This is known as alcoholic neuropathy. It means the peripheral nerves have been damaged by the alcohol use. These transmit signals between the body, spinal cord, and brain. Thiamine, folate, (folic acid) niacin, vitamins b6, b12, ; e are all needed for nerve function. Some damage is permanent - some will correct if you stop abusing alcohol.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Dec 13, 2019