i was told that i have uterine fibroids and endometriosis. does this happen frequently?

Dr. Alfredo Nieves
Gynecology 40 years experience
Endo: In short they coexist very frequently.
Dr. Michael Traub
Fertility Medicine 19 years experience
Yes: Many women have both. Often you dont know about the endometriosis until you do surgery for fibroids. And sometimes it is difficult to medically manage both of them at the same time since one may respond better to treatment than the other.
Dr. Hugo Ribot
Not that rare: Although most of the time these two conditions occur in isolation, most gynecologists have encountered patients with both fibroids and endometriosis. Some patients have lousy luck!