Wilmington, NC

I've used premethrin to kill the lice, but there are still nits on my eyelashes, eyebrows, and hair. any quicker way to remove them besides a nitcomb?

Dr. Lisa Ponce
Nit comb necessary: Removing nits with a nit comb is essential. The Permethrin may have to also be used twice, about 7 to 9 days apart. Typically, it is the failure to get the nits off the body with a comb that promotes failure. Lice do not survive off the body. There are cases of 'resistant' lice, but people need to be better about combing them off!
Vinegar assist: Local application of a stout vinegar will sometimes loosen the bond the nit has to the hair, making it easier to remove. Pickling vinegar or apple cider vinegar seem to work well.You will still need the nit comb or tweezers, but a liberal application of this can help.