India

i am from south india and i am a 28 year old male.does the turning of some of my hairs on my head into grey color has got something to do with my ocd?

Dr. Adam Front
Clinical Psychology 27 years experience
Depends: Having ocd won't turn your hair grey, but u certainly could become obsessed with greying hair. If part of your ocd is hair pulling, this is a different question. Repeated plucking of hair from the same follicle can change the hair that follicle grows, including loss of pigmentation, which is what causes greying. In addition to anafrinil, are you in therapy? Exposure therapy works well for this.

Last updated May 7, 2016