Spots in vision from tooth abscess?

Dr. James Wright
Dentistry 34 years experience
Questions: Do you know for sure that the abscess caused the spots? Did the spots appear during the abscess or after the abscess was removed? Are you taking any medications? Did you get x-rays? Mri? Ct? Any other diagnostic information that is not in your question that you can share? Check with your doctor who may refer you to an ophthalmologist to render you an accurate diagnosis.
Dr. Sandra Eleczko
Dentistry 37 years experience
Not typical: An abcessed tooth will not typically effect your vision. There is something else going on here. Did you have trauma? Was this spontaneous? See an opthomologist for an evaluation asap.
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management 37 years experience
See any dentist: to drain the dental abscess. If not treated, a serious dental abscess can eventually kill. The infection may spread to your jaw, cheeks, eyes, sinus and to other areas of your head and neck. The antibiotics (Penicillin is the most common) will give you only a temporary relief. See any dentist for examination, x-rays and treatment.