non contrast ct scan show growing brain tumor, what is wrong?

Dr. Matthew Solhjem
Radiation Oncology 21 years experience
Need more evaluation: It is very difficult to diagnose a brain tumor on a non-contrast ct scan. I would recommend getting a brain MRI with contrast (called gadolinium). Mri takes a much better look at the brain than does ct.
Dr. Douglas Miller
Pathology 41 years experience
Brain Tumor: If you have a brain tumor showing up on a ct scan, that is clearly what is "wrong", and you need to talk to your doctors as to how to further have it evaluated and how to best treat it. You should under no circumstances ignore it.