How long should i wait after two drinks to take ambien (zolpidem)?

Dr. AUSTINA CHO
As long as possible: You should wait at least 12 hours before taking ambien (zolpidem). If the drinks were very strong, you should wait a few more hours. It is not a good idea to mix alcohol with sleeping pills as they can slow or stop your breathing in high doses and cause oversedation or coma. It is better to find other ways to treat insomnia including cognitive behavioral therapy.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.