How many days should you take off after hand surgery?

Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Hand Surgery 35 years experience
Boy that is open : Ended, do you mean for me the hand surgeon or for the patient? Seriusly a lot depends upon what is going on, what happens, who you are and what you do and so many other facets. I have patients that take off a day or two and others who know they will need months. It really deoends upon the type of surgery and what you are taking off from. Best to discuss work "expectations" with the surgeon.
Dr. Ajay Balaram
Orthopedic Surgery 15 years experience
Depends what surgery: If its a carpal tunnel or trigger finger release you should only need a few days, some of my patients go back to light work the day after. If it is a fracture you may need more time. Consult with your surgeon to find their specific protocol. Good luck.