Top answers from doctors based on your search:

why is my whole body swollen

A 41-year-old female asked:
Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
72 years experience Preventive Medicine
Water: Your body is collecting water in the form of edema and it is a reflection of poor metabolism. In fact, if you have any heart or nervous system symptom ... Read More

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
Unlimited visits
A female asked:
Dr. James Ferguson
45 years experience Pediatrics
Possibilities: This can represent a reaction to a food or fluid exposure that contains protein. (usually occurring within the past 4 days). It can also accompany or ... Read More
1 thank
A 39-year-old female asked:
Dr. Suzanne Fiala
29 years experience Family Medicine
Allergies.: It sounds like you are having hives or another type of itchy rash due to some type of allergies, since you improve with an anti allergy med. The alle ... Read More
1 thank
A 23-year-old female asked:
Dr. Philip Miller
46 years experience Family Medicine
Medical examination: and full body chemistry evaluation to determine the cause of any fluid retention.
A 32-year-old member asked:
Dr. Morris Westfried
45 years experience Dermatology
Needs evaluation: You may have systemic infection, collagen vascular disease or other condition which is causing inflammation as when you have the flu and feel achy and ... Read More
2 thanks
A 48-year-old member asked:
Dr. Michael Miller
35 years experience Wound care
Monitoring System: The lymphatic system absorbs and carries things too big to go into the arteries and veins like bacteria eaten by white cells and digested food. The l ... Read More
1 thank
A male asked:
Dr. Bernard Seif
39 years experience Clinical Psychology
Shaking & stomach: Dear Friend. You sound very anxious and MAY have a stomach problem. Please see you doctor for help. Peace and good health.
A 52-year-old male asked:
Dr. M. Christine Lee
27 years experience Dermatology
See doctor: He needs to see a doctor asap. If you do not have a doctor who can see you right away, go to the er. There are so many possibilities: infection, food ... Read More
A 29-year-old member asked:
Dr. Jack Goloff
35 years experience Family Medicine
Depends: I check your history page and it is blank. Are you male, female? How old are you? Do you have any medical problems? Do you have any other symptoms? Wh ... Read More
4 thanks
A 59-year-old female asked:
Dr. James Burns
36 years experience Emergency Medicine
That could be: for a variety of reasons but you are not being specific enough and would suggest you re-post with more specifics in order to receive some guidance. T ... Read More
1 thank
A 58-year-old male asked:
Dr. Gurmukh Singh
48 years experience Pathology
Need for evaluation: It is not feasible to provide a meaningful opinion without examining you and your symptoms warrant evaluation by a physician. It would require a more ... Read More
A 22-year-old female asked:
Dr. Michael Fisher
31 years experience Dermatology
Rosacea: Rosacea is a chronic and potentially life-disruptive disorder primarily of the facial skin, often characterized by flare-ups and remissions. Many have ... Read More
A 38-year-old member asked:
Dr. Johnnie Ham
21 years experience Obstetrics and Gynecology
MicroCirculation: Testosterone drives our microcircuation and thus the temp of our feel and hands.That is where i would start.
1 thank
A 37-year-old member asked:
Dr. Raphael Peralta
Specializes in Family Medicine
Which part?: Which part?
1 thank
A 32-year-old male asked:
Dr. John Cheng
25 years experience Family Medicine
Twitching: Usually happens with fatigue, lack of sleep or electrolyte deficiency.
A 64-year-old female asked:
Dr. Tim Conrad
33 years experience Ophthalmology
Allergic reaction: This is likely an allergic reaction. I suggest taking benedryl 25 mg every four hours until it resolves. If you have started any medications recentl ... Read More
1 thank
A 48-year-old member asked:
Dr. Richard Bensinger
51 years experience Ophthalmology
Common: Some styes do not immediately localize and instead cause an inflammation of the entire lid. Eventually they usually locallize and can respond to heat ... Read More
A 38-year-old female asked:
Dr. Leonard Pizzolatto
40 years experience General Practice
Hard to diagnose. : This is very hard to diagnose in this forum. If i were you, i would seek the help if a physician asap.
A 29-year-old male asked:
Dr. Heidi Fowler
24 years experience Psychiatry
For us to help you : We need more information. Can you please describe the severity of quality of the pain and the locations. You can re-ask with added info. Thank you.
1 thank
A 31-year-old female asked:
Dr. Milton Alvis, jr
40 years experience Preventive Medicine
As a place to start,: given that we are all embodied Soul↔Mind↔Brain↔Body creatures sending >1,000,000 orders/sec brain→body with similar feedback, what does menses, you ... Read More
A 33-year-old member asked:
Dr. David Miller
9 years experience Family Medicine
Essential tremor: Essential tremor or familial tremor is defined as involuntary rhythmic and oscillatory movements not resulting from other disease or medication. It ca ... Read More
8 thanks
A 53-year-old member asked:
Dr. Gurmukh Singh
48 years experience Pathology
Need for evaluation: Such a symptoms as yours requires a detailed history, physical examination and lab tests as there are multiple possibilities, such as fibromyalgia, ho ... Read More
A 26-year-old female asked:
Dr. Alexander Barkan
23 years experience General Surgery
Left side body ache: Strange presentation for any specific disease . See your doctor and get a physical exam.
A 47-year-old female asked:
Dr. Charles Gordon
Specializes in Adolescent Medicine
Problem with lymphat: ic drainage? If it was systemic shouldn't be just one side. I would go to a vascular surgeon at your nearest University Medical Center to get a deta ... Read More
1 thank

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
Unlimited visits