U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

Why do I have to push to urinate

A 20-year-old male asked:
Dr. Donald Colantino
Internal Medicine 62 years experience
To strain your lower abdominal or pelvic muscles you bear down and prevent further movement of your diaphragm causing a temporary stoppage in breathin... Read More

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
A 57-year-old male asked:
Dr. Clarence Grim
Endocrinology 58 years experience
Having to push to pee is never normal, Most likely enlarging prostate, Discuss with your Dr.
Dr. Dora Chizea
Anti-Aging Medicine 49 years experience
Yes, it is possible that at age 57 one can have BPH (Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy) an enlargement of the prostate gland, which can partially obstruct ... Read More
A 30-year-old female asked:
Dr. Wayne Ingram
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Painful bladder: This type of pain can be caused by infection, tumors, adhesions or renal stones. The best way to sort this out is to see initially a FP or GYN MD and ... Read More
A 33-year-old female asked:
Dr. William Harris
Family Medicine 34 years experience
Medication SFx?: Some medications may have the side effect of tightening up the urethra, making it difficult to void - amitriptylene and Cymbalta (duloxetine) are comm... Read More
A 21-year-old female asked:
Dr. Malina Milan
31 years experience
Urinary tract : Infection can give you these symptoms. You should see your doctor. You may need an antibiotic. In the meantime drink plenty of fluids and in some case... Read More
A female asked:
Dr. Yash Khanna
Family Medicine 58 years experience
Needs to see MD: Multiple cysts in the spine will not cause you to push to urinate.But it may be a side effect of Cymbalta.It is listed as painful or difficult urinati... Read More
A 45-year-old female asked:
Dr. Robert Uyeda
General Surgery 46 years experience
This could be: Cystocele or normal variant. If it bothers you, consult a urologist or gynecologist. If it is a mechanical problem, the solution is usually surgical... Read More
A 33-year-old female asked:
Dr. David Ziring
Pediatric Gastroenterology 23 years experience
You should: See a urologist to do an imaging study and possibly urodynamic studies. Your symptoms may be due to a change in the angle of your urethra and bladder.... Read More
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership