Top answers from doctors based on your search:

why do i have a white spot on one of my nipples

A 54-year-old member asked:
Dr. Becky White
19 years experience Pediatrics
Glands: It is normal to have white spots on your nipples. These are glands that help lubricate them during nursing. However, if the spot is tender, has pus ... Read More
3 thanks

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
Unlimited visits
A 46-year-old female asked:
Dr. Philip Schwarzman
46 years experience Emergency Medicine
?: Those pains are so random it is hard to say what is the cause but most likely not anything to be concerned about.
1 thank
A 23-year-old male asked:
Dr. James Ferguson
45 years experience Pediatrics
Hard to speculate: "Brown spot" does not give much information that would lead to a reasoned response. Most skin issues require direct visual exam and possibly a biopsy ... Read More
A 26-year-old male asked:
Dr. Sewa Legha
49 years experience Medical Oncology
Is it black in color: Black moles are sometimes called Beauty spots. But they can be moles(if flat) and a changing mole needs a medical examination from a doctor. Since you ... Read More
1 thank
A 38-year-old member asked:
Dr. Phillip Frist
45 years experience Dentistry
Several options: 1. It could be flourosis from too much flouride accumulating in that area of the tooth while it was developting. 2. It could be from decalcificatio ... Read More
A 54-year-old female asked:
Dr. Jon Fishburn
29 years experience Ophthalmology
Trauma: A sudden occurrence of a purplish red bump is likely from a broken blood vessel as a result of local trauma (a pinch or bite of the tongue, or even fo ... Read More
A male asked:
Dr. Joy Jackson
18 years experience Family Medicine
It : It is unlikely that the brown spots you are describing have anything to do with frequent masturbation. If they have been present since you were a chil ... Read More
A 22-year-old male asked:
Dr. Harold Tsai
29 years experience Urology
Pain: There is not much to do. It is just from increased blood flow to the area. Also you may want to rest and give it a rest until you feel better
A 30-year-old female asked:
Dr. Thomas Marxen
35 years experience Periodontics
Could be many things: It could be a traumatic papilloma. Non cancerous. It could be a mucocele which is a clear build up of saliva from a damaged salivary duct. This can ... Read More
1 thank
A 43-year-old member asked:
Dr. Heidi Fowler
24 years experience Psychiatry
Not much info.: It could be a clot or tissue from the lining of the uterus that has been passed.
A 32-year-old female asked:
Dr. Heidi Fowler
24 years experience Psychiatry
Possibly: Montgomery Glands.
A 25-year-old male asked:
Dr. Stephen Gordon
42 years experience Dentistry
Possibly .......: It could possibly be a vein (blood vessel) that is close to the surface. Like photo enclosed. If not, then, possibly you traumatized the area and h ... Read More
1 thank
A 52-year-old member asked:
Dr. Jonathan Owens
33 years experience ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
Depends: If this just arose, it may be a viral ulceration or exudate associated with a bacterial or viral infection. If it has been there awhile and/or enlarg ... Read More
A 21-year-old female asked:
Dr. Laura Anissian
20 years experience Internal Medicine
Dermatitis: Sounds like an allergic or local skin reaction. Try some over the counter cortisone cream or anti histamine. If not better soon, see an MD.
A 17-year-old male asked:
Dr. Robert Killian
27 years experience General Practice
Go to Doctor: I am sure you do not need us to tell you, but if you are in pain and there is something wrong you go see your family physician.
A 34-year-old female asked:
Dr. Andre Berger
39 years experience Cosmetic Surgery
Montgomery Glands: They are called montgomery glands or aereola skin glands. There function is believed to be to lubericate the nipple for breast feeding. They may be un ... Read More
2 thanks
A 52-year-old member asked:
Dr. James Isobe
53 years experience Phlebology
See urologist: Seeking the help of a urologist who can examine your brown lump, and make a diagnosis is the best way to proceed.
A member asked:
Dr. Henry Ng
Dr. Henry Ng answered
19 years experience Internal Medicine and Pediatrics
See dermatologist : Without examining your skin it's hard to say exactly what the cause of the skin change is. After minor skin injury, many people can develop more pigme ... Read More
1 thank
A female asked:
Dr. Visalakshi Vallury
23 years experience Family Medicine
Evaluation: Recurrent urinary tract infections can be due to an underlying urinary tract problem. This requires further evaluation.
A 38-year-old member asked:
Dr. Heidi Fowler
24 years experience Psychiatry
?Montgomery Glands?: On areola/ nipple?
A 33-year-old male asked:
Dr. James Rochester
25 years experience Family Medicine
See doctor: With skin conditions we really need to see them, feel them in order to try and help you. Best to see your doctor for evaluation.
1 thank
A 76-year-old female asked:
Dr. Duane Keller
44 years experience Dentistry
Probable taste buds: These are probably taste buds and should be there. It is always good to check with your dentist to be sure they are normal. They should appear the s ... Read More
4 thanks
A 29-year-old female asked:
Dr. Gurmukh Singh
48 years experience Pathology
Keep clean & dry: Leave it alone, other than keeping the area clean with soap and water and drying thoroughly after washing. It may be just an errant pimple. Unrelated ... Read More

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
Unlimited visits